Help IAM to serve its mission of Culture, Charity and Connections.
Organize the major yearly events: Connect India, Connect Asia, Festival of Nations (spring); Finthills International Children's Festival, and IndiaFest (summer)
By volunteering, one can
- Have opportunities to represent the culture and heritage of India within this community
- Serve as the focal point for advancing the educational, cultural, and charitable interests of the community
- Build Indian community as a whole, unite Indian communities in Minnesota
- Link and support various Indian ethnic groups
- Establish strong relationships with other Asia-Pacific organizations
- Maintain relationships with organizations of similar interests in other parts of USA
- Sponsor and conduct community service activities in Minnesota
- Work towards establishing an Indian Center in Minnesota
- Encourage and support the activities of sister organizations promoting youth education, women issues, and the interests of the elderly (such as SILC, AIWA)
- IAM Student Fellowship Progarm
- Build a sense of identity and community among people who are of Indian origin or who have interests in India
- Promote Indian businesses in Minnesota and help American Companies to set up business in India
- Build partnership with non-profit organizations such as TIE and charitable organizations like VIBHA.