IAM Golf Tournament
IAM is organizing its first Golf Event – to select “Best Minnesota Golfer of Indian Origin”
Date : Sunday 31st August 11:30 AM- 5:30 PM
Location : Edinburgh USA Golf Course, Brooklyn Park, MN.
Format : Individual as well as Two Person Team Format (for team format – Best Ball : In a Best Ball tournament, all members of each team play their own balls on each hole. At the completion of the hole, the lowest score among team members serves as the team score.)
The event will be played from White Tees.
Each individual can enroll in an Individual format as well as Team format (for team format, individuals have to form their teams). There will be separate prizes for both the events. Following are the prizes for each event format:
- Three top individual scores
- Three top teams
- Longest Drive (this will be awarded on two separate holes)
- Closest to the pin (this will be awarded on two separate holes)
- Longest Putt (this will be awarded on two separate holes
Registration Fees : $75
Last date for registration : Aug 29, 2014
Please contact Sandeep Methi - 612-309-8480 for any additional information.
IndiaFest - Thank You!
India Association of Minnesota (IAM) cordially invites you to participate in IndiaFest on Saturday, August 16, 2014 at the St. Paul Capitol Grounds starting from 12:00PM-6:00 PM. IndiaFest is the joyful celebration of the rich culture and heritage of India.
Aug 16th is Proclaimed as "IndiaFest" by Governor Mark Dayton for State of Minnesota. Highlights of the event includes
- Flag hoisting & Parade: Governor Mark Dayton will be our Guest of Honor
- Food: Enjoy delicious cuisines of India from local Twin Cities Indian restaurants
- Cultural: Immerse yourself in Classical, Semi-Classical, Bollywood and Regional solo & group performances
- Exhibits: Visit booths with decoration, traditions, and culture from various regions of India, showcasing the diversity of India
- Fun activities: Kite flying, Chess, Cricket, Carrom Board, Snakes & Ladders or enjoy Henna or Face paint
- Bazaar: Shop for traditional Indian clothing and accessories
- Raffle Drawing: Giveaways from Minnesota Twins, Target, ShopforFresh.com amongst others
An event of this magnitude requires plenty of help from volunteers like you. Register to volunteer here
Incidents of Lead Elevation in new South Asian Migrants to Minnesota
Credits: Kamala V Puram & Hennepin County Environmental Health
There are reports of lead elevation with recent South Asian immigrants. It is very important to have any pregnant women and children under the age of six examined by a pediatrician and have a blood lead test conducted. Testing upon arrival to the United States helps lead risk assessors, such as Hennepin County Health Environmental Health Specialists, determine the potential sources of lead in a person’s environment;
IAM Achievement Award
Request for nominations
India Association of Minnesota (IAM) is currently seeking nominations for its 2014 Annual Achievement Awards. For the Lifetime Achievement Award, candidates may be nominated under one or more of the following categories:
- Dedicated service to the community
- Excellence or innovation in the arts
- Special contribution in leadership and mentoring
The Achievement Award is intended to recognize individuals and organizations for achieving excellence in their fields, promoting the interests of the Asian-Indian community in Minnesota, and advancing understanding between the Indian community and the community at large.